cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Ney, Richard" <Richard....@Aspect.com>
Subject Trying to find cause of exception
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2017 09:59:59 GMT
My development team has been trying to track down the cause of this Read timeout (30 seconds
or more at times) exception below. We’re running a 2 data center deployment with 3 nodes
in each data center. Our tables are setup with replication factor = 2 and we have 16G dedicated
to the heap with the G1GC for garbage collection. Our systems are AWS M4.2xlarge with 8 CPUs
and 32GB of RAM and we have 2 general purpose EBS volumes on each node of 500GB each. Once
we start getting these timeouts the cluster doesn’t recover and we are required to shut
all Cassandra node down and restart. If anyone has any tips on where to look or what commands
to run to help us diagnose this issue we’d be eternally grateful.

2017-01-02 04:33:35.161 [ERROR] [report-compute.ffbec924-ce44-11e6-9e21-0adb9d2dd624] [reportCompute]
[ahlworkerslave2.bos.manhattan.aspect-cloud.net:31312] [WorktypeMetrics] Persistence failure
when replaying events for persistenceId [/fsms/pens/worktypes/bmwbpy.314]. Last known sequence
number [0]
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.ReadTimeoutException:
Cassandra timeout during read query at consistency ONE (1 responses were required but only
0 replica responded)
    at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture$Sync.getValue(AbstractFuture.java:299)
    at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture$Sync.get(AbstractFuture.java:286)
    at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture.get(AbstractFuture.java:116)
    at akka.persistence.cassandra.package$$anon$1$$anonfun$run$1.apply(package.scala:17)
    at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:192)
Caused by: com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.ReadTimeoutException: Cassandra timeout during
read query at consistency ONE (1 responses were required but only 0 replica responded)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.ReadTimeoutException.copy(ReadTimeoutException.java:115)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.Responses$Error.asException(Responses.java:124)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.RequestHandler$SpeculativeExecution.onSet(RequestHandler.java:477)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.Connection$Dispatcher.channelRead0(Connection.java:1005)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.Connection$Dispatcher.channelRead0(Connection.java:928)
Caused by: com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.ReadTimeoutException: Cassandra timeout during
read query at consistency ONE (1 responses were required but only 0 replica responded)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.Responses$Error$1.decode(Responses.java:62)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.Responses$Error$1.decode(Responses.java:37)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.Message$ProtocolDecoder.decode(Message.java:266)
    at com.datastax.driver.core.Message$ProtocolDecoder.decode(Message.java:246)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:89)

RICHARD NEY
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
+1 (978) 848.6640 WORK
+1 (916) 846.2353 MOBILE
UNITED STATES
richard.ney@aspect.com<mailto:richard.ney@aspect.com>
aspect.com<http://www.aspect.com/>

[mailSigLogo-rev.jpg]
This email (including any attachments) is proprietary to Aspect Software, Inc. and may contain
information that is confidential. If you have received this message in error, please do not
read, copy or forward this message. Please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your
system and destroy any copies. You may not further disclose or distribute this email or its
attachments.