cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Max C <mc_cassan...@core43.com>
Subject Commercial Support Providers?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 03:01:51 GMT
Hello -

We’re rolling out a small cluster at my work (2 DCs of 3 nodes each — hosted on-premises),
and my boss has asked us to look into commercial support offerings.

The main thing we’re looking for is a company that we can call day or night if/when things
go “kaboom” and I can’t figure out what the problem is (ex: an upgrade fails unexpectedly,
weird error messages in the logs, repairs keep failing, etc).  If they offer their own tested,
supported, patched, version of Cassandra that would be ideal, and certainly management tools
like OpsCenter are a bonus.

The obvious choice here is DataStax, and we’re definitely talking to them.  Are there any
other providers which offer this sort of service?  Maybe Instaclustr?

Thanks.

- Max