cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Yudovin <vla...@winguzone.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 3.0.10 released
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 13:32:48 GMT
&gt;My question was about a different option named "offheap_objects".

Sorry.

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Hosted Cloud Cassandra
Launch your cluster in minutes.

---- On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 07:56:10 -0500Oleksandr Shulgin &lt;oleksandr.shulgin@zalando.de&gt;
wrote ----

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Vladimir Yudovin &lt;vladyu@winguzone.com&gt; wrote:

Hi,

&gt;Does this mean that offheap_objects is still available or that there is no longer
support for offheap memtables in version 3.0?

If you  set offheap_buffers in cassandra.yaml in 3.0.10, you'll get exception

offheap_buffers are not available in 3.0. They will be re-introduced in a future release,
see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-9472 for details

on Cassandra start.

Thank you.  My question was about a different option named "offheap_objects".  I've already
figured out that it was removed even earlier with the release of 3.0.

--

Alex