cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Hannu Kröger <hkro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it safe to change RF in this situation?
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 18:49:43 GMT
Hi,

If you change RF=2 -> 3 first, the LOCAL_ONE reads might hit the new replica which is not
there yet. So I would change LOCAL_ONE -> LOCAL_QUORUM first and then change the RF and
then run the repair. LOCAL_QUORUM is effectively ALL in your case (RF=2) if you have just
one DC, so you can change the batch CL later.

Cheers,
Hannu

> On 8 Sep 2016, at 14:42, Benyi Wang <bewang.tech@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> * I have a keyspace with RF=2;
> * The client read the table using LOCAL_ONE;
> * There is a batch job loading data into the tables using ALL.
>
> I want to change RF to 3 and both the client and the batch job use LOCAL_QUORUM.
>
> My question is "Will the client still read the correct data when the repair is running
at the time my batch job loading is running too?"