cassandra-user mailing list archives

From yuankui <kui.y...@fraudmetrix.cn>
Subject Re: limit the size of data type LIST
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 01:24:41 GMT

From: yuankui [mailto:kui.yuan@fraudmetrix.cn]
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:06 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: limit the size of data type LIST

hi, friends

I am design a message history table

CREATE TABLE message_history (
    user_name text PRIMARY KEY,
    time timestamp,
    message_details list<text>,
);

so that I can query a user's message via primary key `user_name` at once.

but the item in `message_details` list may be very long so that I want to limit the list size
of the message_details list.

is there a way to solve this?

like a redis operation `LTRIM` - http://redis.readthedocs.org/en/latest/list/ltrim.html <http://redis.readthedocs.org/en/latest/list/ltrim.html>