cassandra-user mailing list archives

From <aeljami....@orange.com>
Subject RE: auto_bootstrap=false broken?
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 13:29:32 GMT
I had problems with write_survey.
I opened a bug :  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-9934

De : horschi [mailto:horschi@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 4 août 2015 15:20
À : user@cassandra.apache.org
Objet : Re: auto_bootstrap=false broken?

Hi Paulo,

thanks for your feedback, but I think this is not what I am looking for.

Starting with join_ring does not take any tokens in the ring. And the "nodetool join" afterwards
will again do token-selection and data loading in one step.

I would like to separate these steps:
1. assign tokens
2. have the node in a joining state, so that I can copy in data
3. mark the node as ready

I just saw that perhaps write_survey could be misused for that.

Did anyone ever use write_survey for such a partial bootstrapping?
Do I have to worry about data-loss when using multiple write_survey nodes in one cluster?

kind regards,
Christian

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 2:24 PM, Paulo Motta <pauloricardomg@gmail.com<mailto:pauloricardomg@gmail.com>>