cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scet...@free.fr>
Subject Re: auto_bootstrap=false broken?
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 12:45:50 GMT
Jeff,

That something we're trying to do too. However disabling clients connections (closing thrift
and native ports) does not prevent other nodes (acting as a coordinators) to request it ...
Honestly we'd like to restart a node that need to deploy HH and to make it serve reads only
when it's done. And to be more precise, we know when it's done and don't need it to work by
itself (automatically).
> On Aug 6, 2015, at 17:49, Jeff Jirsa <Jeff.Jirsa@crowdstrike.com> wrote:
>
> Don’t want to serve reads? Disable thrift and native proto, start the with auto-bootstrap
set to whatever you want but thrift and native proto disabled, then enable thrift and native
proto again to enable reads from clients when ready. Until then, make sure you’re using
a consistency level appropriate for your requirements.