cassandra-user mailing list archives

From David Haguenauer ...@kurokatta.org>
Subject Re: Bulk loading performance
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 13:49:15 GMT
* Graham Sanderson <graham@vast.com>, 2015-07-13 18:21:08 Mon:
> > Is there a set of best practices for this kind of workload? We would
> > like to avoid interfering with reads as much as possible.
> Ironically in my experience the fastest ways to get data into C* are
> considered “anti-patterns” by most (but I have no problem saturating
> multiple gigabit network links if I really feel like inserting fast)

Heh. I'm all open to anti-patterns if they prove better than
recommended practices.

> It’s been a while since I tried some of the newer approaches though
> (my fast load code is a few years old).

If you don't mind me asking, what approach does your fast-loading code
use, if it's anything special? I'm mostly concerned about not
interfering with concurrent reads too much, but all experience reports
are welcome.

--
David Haguenauer