did u setup CQLSH_HOST variable to the ip so cqlsh uses that ?

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 8:50 PM, Björn Hachmann <bjoern.hachmann@metrigo.de> wrote:
Hello,

I am unable to connect to the nodes of our second datacenter, not even from localhost.

The error message I receive is:
Connection error: ('Unable to connect to any servers', {'...': OperationTimedOut('errors=None, last_host=None',)})

I already checked some things:
  • The node starts to listen for cql clients on the expected port (extract from the log):
    Starting listening for CQL clients on .../192.168.1.23:9042
  • The port is open and accepts connections via telnet.
  • nodetool info works and returns:
    Gossip active          : true
    Thrift active          : true
    Native Transport active: true
  • nodetool netstats:
    Mode: NORMAL
  • nodetool statusbinary
    running
Any help would be highly appreciated! Thank you very much.

Kind regards
Björn