cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Walsh, Stephen" <Stephen.Wa...@Aspect.com>
Subject Insert Vs Updates - Both create tombstones
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 10:34:42 GMT
Quick Question,

Our team is under much debate, we are trying to find out if an Update on a row with a TTL
will create a tombstone.

E.G

We have one row with a TTL, if we keep "updating" that row before the TTL is hit, will a tombstone
be created.
I believe it will, but want to confirm.

So if that's is  true,
And if our TTL is 10 seconds and we "update" the row every second, will 10 tombstones be created
after 10 seconds? Or just 1?
(and does the same apply for "insert")

Regards
Stephen Walsh

This email (including any attachments) is proprietary to Aspect Software, Inc. and may contain
information that is confidential. If you have received this message in error, please do not
read, copy or forward this message. Please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your
system and destroy any copies. You may not further disclose or distribute this email or its
attachments.