cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jose Martinez <jma...@yahoo.com>
Subject getting Cassandra to listen to eth0 for port 9042
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 02:24:07 GMT
Hello,
I installed version 2.1.3 on my AWS EC2.  I installed by downloading the tar and copying
it to /opt/ dir and then just ran the bin/cassandra executable.  I am trying to access this
instance from a Java client.  But the problem I am having is that I can only get port 9042
to listen to the loopback interface (127.0.0.1).  Regardless of what value I use for "listen_address:"
or "listen_interface:".  It seems like those properties do not affect port 9042, only port
7000 I think.  Is there anyway I can get Cassandra to listen on the interface I want for
port 9042? thanks jose