From: Mark Reddy
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:04 AM
Subject: Re: What is C*?

Yes you are correct, Cassandra is often abbreviated as C*. With most languages and applications being referenced by their acronym / abbreviation, I guess you just have to pick one that is available. I assume if someone creates a new language and wants to name it C*, they will see that it is taken and avoid the conflict.

Mark