cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: here's a good example of poor cassandra documentation.
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 04:54:20 GMT
Thanks. I’ll pass it along to the doc team.

-- Jack Krupansky

From: Kevin Burton
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 6:34 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: here's a good example of poor cassandra documentation.

so searching google for "cassandra leveled compaction"

there are no hits for explaining 2.x leveled compaction.

The first hit is:

http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/leveled-compaction-in-apache-cassandra

which is a blog post from 2011.

The second hit is documentation on 1.1 which has just 2 sentences on leveled compaction.

The 3rd is a blog post from 2012:

http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/when-to-use-leveled-compaction

.. I guess the resolution here is to take the blog posts, put them in the documentation, and
make sure to keep updating them as the product evolves.

I have no way of really knowing if blog posts from 2011 are accurate representations of the
code from 2014. … especially since a significant % of this old documentation is inaccurate.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com

Location: San Francisco, CA

blog: http://burtonator.wordpress.com