cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Diane Griffith <dfgriff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: restore a cassandra cluster from snapshot failed
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 23:31:33 GMT
Yes the link was to the documentation:

http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/operations/ops_backup_snapshot_restore_t.html

So when you say restore the system column family, do you mean that
keyspace?  Or do you mean the desired target column family.  Via cql, the
target keyspace and column families to be restored are created.

The only files copied over were the sstable files for each applicable
column family.

in cassandra.yaml, the num_tokens parameter is set and set to 256.
initial_token is not set at all and there are no vnode configurations set
either.  The seed list of the cluster is the same as before, everything is
identical as the first time.

Is there a problem that happens if only num_tokens is set?  I did not
remember seeing anything that I needed to set initial_token on clusters in
2.0.

Thanks,
Diane