cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ben Hood <0x6e6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DataType protocol ID error for TIMESTAMPs when upgrading from 1.2.11 to 2.0.9
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:39:11 GMT
On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 1:53 AM, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 1:53 AM, Ben Hood <0x6e6562@gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed, reading up on the issue (and discussing it with folks) there are a
> number of mitigating factors, most significantly driver workarounds use of
> TimeUUIDs, which made this issue less common than reversed comparators use
> cases are. I still consider it a serious issue due to the nature of the
> regression, but it is fair to say not as serious as my initial reaction.

Just to highlight Karl's contribution, if you look back over the
discussion we had at gocql for this particular issue, we did actually
discuss the fact that we should probably actually look at the server
code to see if it doing anything unexpected. But we stopped short of
doing that. To Karl's credit, he did actually look at the code, and
spotted the bug.

Mime
View raw message