cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sumod Pawgi <spa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is C*?
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 02:36:01 GMT
It is called as C* or C8 as well. There are 8 letters after C in the name and * is above 8
in the qwerty keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 24-Jul-2014, at 1:34 pm, Mark Reddy <mark.reddy@boxever.com> wrote:
>
> Yes you are correct, Cassandra is often abbreviated as C*. With most languages and applications
being referenced by their acronym / abbreviation, I guess you just have to pick one that is
available. I assume if someone creates a new language and wants to name it C*, they will see
that it is taken and avoid the conflict.