cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Check Peck <comptechge...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra is making cross datacenter call internally to get the data from different datacenters?
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 19:22:19 GMT
I have our application code deployed in two data centers, DC1 and DC2 and
Cassandra nodes are also in DC1 and DC2 making a single cluster.

Our application servers in DC1 are communicating to DC1 Cassandra nodes
which I verified with "netstat -a  | grep 9042"

But somehow internally DC1 Cassandra nodes are trying to get the data from
DC2 Cassandra nodes and because of that calls are timing out at the
application servers.

We are running DSE4.0 Cassandra version and our app servers are using
Datastax cpp driver.

What can be the issue and what are the things I can try out to see what's
happening.