Hello Rajith,

From looking at the patch, I was wondering how WSDL and annotations will interact with each other.

It seems to me (from looking at the JSR-181 spec and the JAX-WS spec) that annotations might augment information specified in the WSDL.  Specificaly, from JSR-181 (version 1.0 June 1, 2005) section 2.2.2 "Start with WSDL" states: "...JSR-181 annotations supply implementation details that are left out of the original WSDL contract, such as binding or service location information."

It seems that building the AxisService from JSR-181 annotations needs to also consider (and merge as well as possibly validate against) WSDL if there is any.

Thanks,
Jeff

IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com

"Rajith Attapattu" <rajith77@gmail.com>

07/27/2006 02:45 PM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
Subject
Re: [Axis2] JSR 181 support

Nicholas,

So sorry for the late reply, somehow I have missed it :-(

>>Sorry to jump in the middle here, but can you explain what the meta annotation is and from which spec files it would be removed?  I'm assuming you're talking >>about the JSR-181 spec annotations declarations, but just wanted to make sure.
No need to appologize, sorry for not explaining it properly.

Annogen requires you to add an annotation, which it uses to generate the AnnoBeans.
@AnnogenInfo(
 annoBeanClass = "org.codehaus.annogen.examples.stored_override.DeploymentInfoAnnoBean"
)

So I used the annotation on the spec files. For example on the javax.jws.WebService which describes the @WebService annotation.
However it's illegal to modify a spec file without permission, so what we did was to remove the annotation after we generated the necessary AnnoBeans.
The generated AnnoBeans were checked into the main source tree (since they never change as the spec files are static)

>>Just for clarity, you are getting those from the WSM jars, correct?

Yes they come with the WSM jars. They will most likely be available in the repos from today.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajith

Sorry to jump in the middle here, but can you explain what the meta annotation is and from which spec files it would be removed?  I'm assuming you're talking about the JSR-181 spec annotations declarations, but just wanted to make sure.

Just for clarity, you are getting those from the WSM jars, correct?

Thanks,

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  -  WebServices Development

nlgallar@us.ibm.com