axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Barrett <barre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] JSR 181 support
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:32:05 GMT
Hello Rajith,

>From looking at the patch, I was wondering how WSDL and annotations will
interact with each other.

It seems to me (from looking at the JSR-181 spec and the JAX-WS spec) that
annotations might augment information specified in the WSDL.  Specificaly,
from JSR-181 (version 1.0 June 1, 2005) section 2.2.2 "Start with WSDL"
states: "...JSR-181 annotations supply implementation details that are
left out of the original WSDL contract, such as binding or service
location information."

It seems that building the AxisService from JSR-181 annotations needs to
also consider (and merge as well as possibly validate against) WSDL if
there is any.

Thanks,
Jeff

IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com

"Rajith Attapattu" <rajith77@gmail.com>
07/27/2006 02:45 PM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Axis2] JSR 181 support

Nicholas,

So sorry for the late reply, somehow I have missed it :-(

>>Sorry to jump in the middle here, but can you explain what the meta
annotation is and from which spec files it would be removed?  I'm assuming
you're talking >>about the JSR-181 spec annotations declarations, but just
wanted to make sure.
No need to appologize, sorry for not explaining it properly.

Annogen requires you to add an annotation, which it uses to generate the
AnnoBeans.
@AnnogenInfo(
  annoBeanClass =
"org.codehaus.annogen.examples.stored_override.DeploymentInfoAnnoBean"
)

So I used the annotation on the spec files. For example on the
javax.jws.WebService which describes the @WebService annotation.
However it's illegal to modify a spec file without permission, so what we
did was to remove the annotation after we generated the necessary
AnnoBeans.
The generated AnnoBeans were checked into the main source tree (since they
never change as the spec files are static)

>>Just for clarity, you are getting those from the WSM jars, correct?
Yes they come with the WSM jars. They will most likely be available in the
repos from today.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajith

Sorry to jump in the middle here, but can you explain what the meta
annotation is and from which spec files it would be removed?  I'm assuming
you're talking about the JSR-181 spec annotations declarations, but just
wanted to make sure.

Just for clarity, you are getting those from the WSM jars, correct?

Thanks,

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  -  WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-838-1182
Building: 901 / 5G-016

"Davanum Srinivas" <davanum@gmail.com>
07/24/2006 04:52 PM

Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Axis2] JSR 181 support

Sounds good to me.

-- dims

On 7/24/06, Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dims,
>
> Eddie was suggesting that we remove the meta annotation from the spec
files
> since we already have the generated code.
> Since the spec file is static we can safely include the generated
AnnoBeans

@SOAPMessageHandlers

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/apt/mirror/com/sun/mirror/apt/AnnotationProcessorEnvironment.html#getDeclarationsAnnotatedWith(com.sun.mirror.declaration.AnnotationTypeDeclaration)

> > > and returns a collection of types (classes, fields, parameters) that
> > > are marked with some annotation.
> > >
> > >   This doesn't really help us for wiring up web services at runtime,
> > > but it makes the build time very easy.
> > >
> > > Eddie

> is.

> expectation