axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Christ <fchrist-...@gmx.de>
Subject [axis2] Roadmap for WS-Policy
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:44:37 GMT
Hi,

outgoing from AXIS2 I searched for information about the WS-Policy
implementation there or what it will be in the future.

I found the two projects

- WS-Policy Implementation under [1] that was linked by [2]
- Web Services Commons Neethi under [3]

[1] http://ws.apache.org/commons/policy/index.html
[2] http://ws.apache.org/commons/
[3] http://ws.apache.org/commons/neethi/index.html

My question is how WS-Policy will be implemented in AXIS2 and which
implementation will be used for it? The websites around WS-Policy are a little
bit confusing to me. Neethi seems to be the same as WS-Policy Implementation so
which one is still under development?

I saw that the Codegen module in AXIS2 depends on Neethi (the Maven build.xml
told me) but Neethi is never really used there at this time (I looked in latest
SVN sources).

Can anyone please tell me the roadmap for WS-Policy in AXIS2?

Thanks,
Fabian