axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Axis 1.0 ==> Axis 1.1 Regression
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 03:12:28 GMT
Resending as the original was rejected as spam for some reason.

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (877) 511-5082 (voice/fax)   ** NEW NUMBER **
     (700) 930-1979 (t/l)                ** NEW NUMBER **
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

__________________

Further exploration on this indicates that Glen's big change on 11/4/02 on
the files org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter and
org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Types MAY be to blame on this.  Still
exploring, but out of all of the significant changes that have been made
to this code since 1.0, this change appears to have the most affect on the
area where this problem is being manifested.  Still exploring but I'd
appreciate it if Glen could also take a look.

This is a blocker for me on an internal project that relies on Axis so I
need to see if we can get this resolved in the very near future.

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (877) 511-5082 (voice/fax)   ** NEW NUMBER **
     (700) 930-1979 (t/l)                ** NEW NUMBER **
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

James M Snell/Fresno/IBM@IBMUS
03/17/2003 05:51 PM
Please respond to axis-dev

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
bcc

Subject
Axis 1.0 ==> Axis 1.1 Regression

I'm running up against a regression problem from 1.0 to 1.1.

Given the following class:

package test.hello;
import org.w3c.dom.Document;
import org.w3c.dom.Element;
public class Test {
public Element getDocument() {
return null;
}
public Document getElement() {
return null;
}
}

Axis 1.0 Java2WSDL would properly emit a WSDL document that mapped the
Document object to an anyType element.  In Axis 1.1 an exception [1] is
thrown by the WSDL4J code because of a missing namespace declaration.
Looking at the Java2WSDL output from Axis 1.0 [2], and the namespace
declaration is present.

I've looked through the code and because of the disturbingly high number
of changes that have been made to the
org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter class, I cannot isolate the specific
change that is causing the regression.

Can someone who understands this code a lot more than I do take a look. As
this is a regression from 1.0 that could potentially impact existing
applications a good deal, this needs to be resolved before we release 1.1.

[1]
WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Can't find prefix for
'http://dom.w3c.org'. Namespace prefixes must be set on the Definition
object using the  addNamespace(...) method.:
at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.getPrefix(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.getQualifiedValue(Unknown
Source)
at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.printQualifiedAttribute(Unknown
Source)
at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printParts(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printMessages(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printDefinition(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.writeWSDL(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.getDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:267)
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:334)
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL.run(Java2WSDL.java:504)
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL.main(Java2WSDL.java:542)

[2]