axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: wsdl2java change
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:38:43 GMT
Hi Dug,

Actually, we FIXED this to differentiate between the two namespaces
http://www.ibm.com/foo and http://www.ibm.com/bar.

This is probably going to be a very common case, as companies will want to have more than
a single package for everything in their namespaces.

I believe this was fixed before 1.1 beta was released....

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 2:35 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: wsdl2java change

Since Axis 1.0 wsdl2java has changed behavior w.r.t. how it
converts namespaces into package names.  In the past if
the namespace was http://www.ibm.com/foo then the
package would be just com/ibm/www, but now it appears
as though there's an extra level ("foo") being generated.
Is this intentional?  And more importantly was it worth breaking
compatibility with 1.0?  While most of us are aware that breaking
Axis APIs isn't good people need to be aware that people are using
and counting on the tools (java2wsdl and wsdl2java) to remain
stable as well - and they will treat their functionality and APIs
just like Axis APIs.  So, back to the original question, did we
really mean to break this functionality?
-Dug