attic-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding a banner to Wiki pages
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2021 19:17:49 GMT
I've created a PR [1] which is intended to do the same for the
Confluence Wiki as as the flagged directory entries do for retired
websites.

The idea is that there is an ATTIC Wiki, under which the Attic project
can create dummy pages. If the dummy page matches the name of a
retired Wiki, then an output filter is added, and a banner is added to
the page before delivery.

For example:

Sqoop has retired, so I created the page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ATTIC/SQOOP

Once the PR is approved, it should result in a banner being added to pages under

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP

[N.B. The banner is not added yet, as the PR has not been applied!]

If this works OK, then adding the banner will just be a matter of
creating a suitable page under the ATTIC Wiki.

Sebb
[1] https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-p6/pull/789 (requires karma)