attic-general mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: DOAP files for retired projects
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2020 23:57:26 GMT

Aren't these doap files used for building some of https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 6:21 AM sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It's tedious getting access to a project DOAP in order to change the
> > PMC to the Attic.
> >
> > One solution is to drop the DOAP from the list of projects.
> >
> > Another might be to copy the DOAP into a separate area, update that
> > and change projects.xml to point to the updated DOAP. This could
> > probably be mostly automated.

I was having a look around the infra tools repo and found
infrastructure/site-tools/trunk/projects/attic_files/

There's a few project doap files in there but only from 2011 and 2012.

> > The projects.xml file could retain the original location as a comment
> > (and so could the DOAP copy)
> >
> > The downside is that the project repo would not have the change.
> >
> > WDYT?

Whichever is simpler. I think the way it's currently listed on
projects.a.o/projects.html works pretty well with the (in the Attic) on
the index the Retired note on the project page.
If anything, I might favor using Retired instead of "in the Attic" on
the project list, but that's really minor.

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://flickr.com/photos/q42/