attic-general mailing list archives

From "Chris Brandom" <chris.bran...@elyxor.com>
Subject Forking wink-json4j
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:07:40 GMT
Hi,

I work for a small software consulting company named Elyxor.  During a
previous engagement, we used the wink-json4j library as a utility for
producing ordered JSON.

Since the Wink project is now in the Apache attic, we are considering
forking the wink-json4j module and republishing with our updates to make
it compatible with a more recent version of Java.

Outside of the licensing guidelines, which are accessible and clearly
stated, are the any other guidelines or good practice recommendations
that we should follow?  Anything in particular about how we go about
giving the module a new namespace or new name?

Thanks for the feedback,
Chris