attic-general mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pondering: Informing announce@ of retirement earlier
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 04:48:25 GMT
With the principle of least surprise in mind, I would be OK with sending the announcement much
earlier as long as at least the website has been updated and a note has been added to the
repository.
We probably don't want users to read an announcement about retirement and not find the information
in the project website. The remaining parts of the process shouldn't block the announcement.

Sent from Outlook Mobile

    _____________________________
From: Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:40 PM
Subject: Pondering: Informing announce@ of retirement earlier
To:  <general@attic.apache.org>

Rather than waiting until all retirement tasks are done and then removing a
project; I'm wondering if we should do that much earlier so it's always
relevant (i.e. not long after the board update committers@ with minutes).

Otherwise cleaning something or other up with a project gets delayed and
the announcement is very late.

Any thoughts?