attic-general mailing list archives

From "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Pondering: Informing announce@ of retirement earlier
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 11:56:41 GMT
Thanks, Hen.

K'm OK with something along the lines of "we have begun the process...", and explaining what
mothballing into the Attic means, and what happens next.

You know, to manage expectations and all <g>

HTH,
Sally

[From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

----- Reply message -----
From: "Henri Yandell" <bayard@apache.org>
To: <general@attic.apache.org>
Subject: Pondering: Informing announce@ of retirement earlier
Date: Wed, Jan 13, 2016 23:40

Rather than waiting until all retirement tasks are done and then removing a
project; I'm wondering if we should do that much earlier so it's always
relevant (i.e. not long after the board update committers@ with minutes).

Otherwise cleaning something or other up with a project gets delayed and
the announcement is very late.

Any thoughts?