arrow-user mailing list archives

From "Weber, Eugene" <efwe...@evoforge.org>
Subject C++ ARROW_DEPRECATED Use MemoryPool-less variant
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2021 12:32:23 GMT
Hi,

When I compile example.cc under cpp/examples/minimal_build I get a depreciation warning on:

      arrow::csv::TableReader::Make(arrow::default_memory_pool(),
                                    arrow::io::default_io_context(),
                                    input_file,
                                    arrow::csv::ReadOptions::Defaults(),
                                    arrow::csv::ParseOptions::Defaults(),
                                    arrow::csv::ConvertOptions::Defaults()));

The deprecation code in reader.h is:

  ARROW_DEPRECATED("Use MemoryPool-less variant (the IOContext holds a pool already)")
  static Result<std::shared_ptr<TableReader>> Make(
      MemoryPool* pool, io::IOContext io_context, std::shared_ptr<io::InputStream> input,
      const ReadOptions&, const ParseOptions&, const ConvertOptions&);

I've read the documentation on MemoryPool, but I'm still not fully understanding the relationship
between TableReader and MemoryPool, or how exactly to correct the example code. I understand
that the CVS table is read into a table structure in memory allocated from the memory pool.
I'm not understanding the meaning of "Use MemoryPool-less variant (the IOContext holds a pool
already)".

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Gene