arrow-user mailing list archives

From Neal Richardson <neal.p.richard...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding R and C++ using cpp11
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2021 21:19:52 GMT
This is not my area of expertise, but to answer your second question, if
you're trying to depend on {arrow} in C++ in an R package, you'll need to
list arrow in LinkingTo in your DESCRIPTION, and you may need to add
useDynLib in your NAMESPACE. See
https://adv-r.hadley.nz/rcpp.html#rcpp-package, and also search those two
terms in https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html for
more details. It's possible that getting this right will solve your
compilation problem, but I'm not sure--I'm not aware of any other R
packages that depend on {arrow} in the C++ layer.

Neal