arrow-user mailing list archives

From Joris Van den Bossche <jorisvandenboss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LZ4 support in Windows conda (py)arrow
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2021 09:07:50 GMT
The conda packages from the default channel are indeed managed by
Anaconda (Continuum Analytics is their old name). For arrow-cpp, the
reciple is here:
https://github.com/AnacondaRecipes/arrow-cpp-feedstock

And indeed, looking at the windows build script, LZ4 is not enabled:
https://github.com/AnacondaRecipes/arrow-cpp-feedstock/blob/master/recipe/bld.bat

You can open an issue there to try to reach out to them.

Joris

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 at 10:38, Joris Peeters <joris.mg.peeters@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the matrix of pyarrow artifacts for [conda, conda-forge] x [linux, windows], it seems
all of them support LZ4, except (conda, windows). Is there a known reason for this?

> As I understand it, the conda Arrow builds are managed externally (by Continuum?), so
perhaps should get in touch with them - as might not have `-DARROW_WITH_LZ4=ON`?