arrow-user mailing list archives

From Nate Bauernfeind <natebauernfe...@deephaven.io>
Subject Re: Is there a standard Arrow file/table extension?
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2021 15:04:39 GMT
The standard file format for arrow is the IPC file format which writes down
only the flatbuffer + data payloads. There are some specific requirements
about dictionaries that otherwise don't apply to Flight's implementation of
the IPC.

You can find details about it here:
http://arrow.apache.org/docs/format/Columnar.html#ipc-file-format