arrow-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Wickstrom <jwickst...@esri.com>
Subject Is there a standard Arrow file/table extension?
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2021 14:55:10 GMT
Hello,

Is there a standard extension for Arrow files with a table (one or more RecordBatch) in them?
I have seen ".arrow" and ".dat" used in samples. Seems like I have seen ".at" as well.

I know the Arrow library is agnostic about this. Some usages probably hide the Arrow aspect
and have their own file extension.

In my case I want to provide a sample for using our api that outputs and Arrow table in RecordBatch(es)
in a file. Then my user will use that in some other library/package for analysis (R, Matlab,
etc.). I want the sample(s) to suggest the appropriate extension if one exists.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Jeff