arrow-user mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Boost
Date Tue, 04 May 2021 15:27:07 GMT
That doesn't sound great. Can you open a Jira about this? Offline /
air-gapped installations from source are a use case we'd like to
accommodate within reason, so if it's something we can fix easily,
let's try

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 11:23 PM Matt Youill <matt.youill@airmettle.com> wrote:

> Using ARROW_BOOST_URL works. Subsequently tried using local copies for all arrow dependencies,
and all seems good... except for ORC. Lots of things break if I try ARROW_ORC_URL pointing
at a local tarball. It's only a "nice to have" at the moment, so have just turned off (-DARROW_ORC=OFF)

> On 4/5/21 7:59 am, Neal Richardson wrote:
>
> That's right, I noticed that 1.71.0 wasn't on sourceforge when we were moving off of
bintray URLs--that's why we bumped up to 1.75 at that time (also included in arrow 4.0).

> Neal
>
> On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 2:34 PM Niranda Perera <niranda.perera@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> @Neal It seems like there sourceforge artifacts are missing for boost 1.71.0. But
I tried 1.72.0 and it worked.
>> export ARROW_BOOST_URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.72.0/boost_1_72_0.tar.gz/download"
>>
>> From Cylon project's POV we are in the process of upgrading to arrow 4.0 from 2.0
ATM.

>> Best
>>

>> On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 11:06 AM Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Bintray was shut down Saturday (May 1). The surest fix for this is to upgrade
to the latest (4.0.0) release of arrow, which does not have any references to bintray. If
you need to be on an older version, you can download the correct boost source tarball (they're
hosting on sourceforge now, I believe) and set the environment variable ARROW_BOOST_URL to
point to the local file.