arrow-user mailing list archives

From Jacopo Gobbi <jac...@orchest.io>
Subject State of plasma
Date Tue, 04 May 2021 14:56:39 GMT
Hi everybody,

My name is Jacopo, I am a software engineer at Orchest (orchest.io). We
are currently making use of the plasma store to do in-memory data
passing, and use pyarrow for some serialization.
Some months ago, in the dev mailing list, there have been talks of the
plasma store getting deprecated. I see that Arrow 4.0.0 has been
released and that the plasma-store is still there, I could not find
exhaustive information in the docs and the README about the current
state of the plasma-store and what to expect in the future.

Could someone provide some insight as to what the current plans are for
plasma in pyarrow?

Regards,
Jacopo