arrow-user mailing list archives

From "Xander Dunn" <xan...@xander.ai>
Subject [GLib] Call Plasma from GLib?
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2021 05:48:18 GMT
I've been using Arrow's GLib library to write an Arrow library for the Swift programming language.
In Python I am using pyarrow.plasma to store RecordBatch buffers, and I would like to retrieve
those in Swift. However, I just noticed that there is no mention of plasma in the GLib interface:
https://arrow.apache.org/docs/c_glib/arrow-glib/api-index-full.html. Is Plasma not a part
of GLib by design or is it planned to add it? In the meantime, it looks like my option is
to call the arrow C++ library from my Swift layer? I see instructions here for using Plasma
in C++: https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/cpp/apidoc/tutorials/plasma.md

And an unrelated, less important question:

Should I be able to call Plasma from the C++ library in Cython rather than using the pyarrow
Plasma interface in Cython? I think I will just need to `cdef extern` declare all of the C++
interfaces I need to call.

Thanks,

Xander