arrow-user mailing list archives

From Tanveer Ahmad - EWI <T.Ah...@tudelft.nl>
Subject Re: Arrow Flight in C
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2021 02:50:03 GMT
Hi Kou,

Thank you for the reply.

I am busy in some other stuff as well, will wait for Flight APIs integration into c_glib.

Regards,
Tanveer Ahmad

________________________________
From: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
Sent: Friday, April 9, 2021 6:40:08 AM
To: dev@arrow.apache.org
Cc: user@arrow.apache.org
Subject: Re: Arrow Flight in C

Hi,

I hope that we implement Apache Arrow Flight bindings to
Apache Arrow C GLib by 5.0.0. Are you interested in
development them together?

If you aren't interested in it, you can implement glue
module in C++ by yourself. C interface in Apache Arrow C++
will help you: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__arrow.apache.org_docs_cpp_api_c-5Fabi.html&d=DwICAg&c=XYzUhXBD2cD-CornpT4QE19xOJBbRy-TBPLK0X9U2o8&r=0FbbJetCCSYzJEnEDCQ1rNv76vTL6SUFCukKhvNosPs&m=aLJLRtZNdrPeyYkUJJTRvPTgyI1uljbwehCIOBFVpSI&s=8BPiriGYkVN3frWO8mwwMXX1dF321spWO1MYdvtLt-0&e=

Thanks,
--
kou

In <97908a2bf6f64395a25b58950ea9e341@tudelft.nl>
  "Arrow Flight in C" on Fri, 9 Apr 2021 02:29:37 +0000,
  Tanveer Ahmad - EWI <T.Ahmad@tudelft.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I need some help in sending Arrow RecordBatches over Arrow Flight inside a C application.
As there is no interface for Arrow Flight is available for Arrow CGlib. Does someone have
some custom C interface/suggestions to use C++ functions for Arrow Flight inside a C application.
Thanks.