arrow-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Pitrou <anto...@python.org>
Subject Re: [C++] [pip] libarrow.so dynamic linking error from C++17 compiled code
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2021 08:34:40 GMT

Hello Juan,

Can you try passing -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 when compiling your
C++17 compiled code?

Regards

Antoine.

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 12:36:01 -0500
Juan J Galvez <juan@bodo.ai> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> The shared libraries in the pyarrow pip package apparently cannot be called from C++17
compiled code. Compilation works when using the `pyarrow/include` headers provided with the
pip package, but at dynamic linking I get this error when linking with libarrow.so.300:

> undefined symbol: _ZN5arrow8internal14DieWithMessageERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE
>

> The Arrow libraries in conda-forge pyarrow and arrow-cpp packages don’t have this issue.
The symbol is present in the library and code compiled with C++11 or C++17 works.