arrow-user mailing list archives

From Sutou Kouhei <...@clear-code.com>
Subject Re: Installing Apache Arrow Amazon Linux 2
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2021 00:48:11 GMT
Hi,

This will be fixed tomorrow.
We're using Bintray to distribute our Amazon Linux 2
packages but Bintray will shut down soon:

https://jfrog.com/blog/into-the-sunset-bintray-jcenter-gocenter-and-chartcenter/

Today (2021-04-12) is a known Bintray down day:

> April 12th, 26th, 2021
>
> We will have some short service brown-outs to remind users
> about the services that are going away on May
> 1st. (Specific hours will be advertised in the Bintray
> status page.)

We'll use Artifactory instead of Bintray since 4.0.0 but
it's not ready yet:

  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r9200fed3fa812f8c7de07a2500425f258db3231baa8e05f288175e4a%40%3Cbuilds.apache.org%3E

I have a mirror for our packages on Bintray: packages.groonga.org

You can use the mirror temporary by installing
groonga-release-latest instead of
apache-arrow-release-latest in
https://arrow.apache.org/install/ :

  sudo yum install -y https://packages.groonga.org/centos/7/groonga-release-latest.noarch.rpm

Note: It's recommended that you use the official package
repository provided by Apache Arrow. The mirror is a
temporary workaround.

Thanks,
--
kou

In <2D413A84-1D8B-4C0E-A138-39E454F82200@forwardpmx.com>
  "Installing Apache Arrow Amazon Linux 2" on Mon, 12 Apr 2021 20:08:29 +0000,
  David Lahn <david.lahn@forwardpmx.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The instructions here seem to be failing now:
> https://arrow.apache.org/install/
>
> Specifically, installing Arrow from Bintray
>
> bash-4.2# yum install -y https://apache.bintray.com/arrow/centos/7/apache-arrow-release-latest.rpm
> Loaded plugins: ovl, priorities
> Cannot open: https://apache.bintray.com/arrow/centos/7/apache-arrow-release-latest.rpm.
Skipping.
> Error: Nothing to do
>
> Has this moved somewhere else?
>
> Best regards,
> Dave
>
> David Lahn
> DevOps Lead
> Development
>
> ForwardPMX
> Privacy Policy
>

> This e-mail is confidential to ForwardPMX intended for use by the recipient. If you received
this in error or are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
retransmission, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information
is strictly prohibited.