Hi Matias,

A Tensor is a general name for a n-dimensional array. The term has risen in popularity ever since TensorFlow has gained traction as the most popular neural network framework in Python.

In the documentation tensors are not shown as an array data type, but rather as an abstraction just like tables, see here. Following this discussion on github: Wes has mentioned: "Tensors aren't part of the Arrow columnar format. Let's continue the discussion on the mailing list or JIRA". Therefore, they are not included as a data type and thus not usable as array format.

Regarding your question of the Plasma object store, from my perspective Plasma is a generic byte object storage and thus not connected to the discussion above.

Tom