arrow-user mailing list archives

From Sutou Kouhei <...@clear-code.com>
Subject Re: LLVM
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2021 05:12:59 GMT
Hi,

In <205432f7-fda5-ce5f-beba-bfe3424af22d@airmettle.com>
  "LLVM" on Wed, 31 Mar 2021 12:21:17 +1100,
  Matt Youill <matt.youill@airmettle.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to override the version of LLVM that arrow uses during
> a build? Seems to always pick the latest version it finds.

You want to specify LLVM version used by Gandiva, right?

If it's right, you can't do it for now. We have LLVM version
list as ARROW_LLVM_VERSIONS in cpp/CMakeLists.txt. We can
change detection order by changing the list but we don't
provide build option to do it.

We can improve the current behavior by adding a new build
option such as ARROW_LLVM_VERSION into
cpp/cmake_modules/DefineOptions.cmake and using it as the
desired LLVM version.

Thanks,
--
kou