arrow-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Pitrou <anto...@python.org>
Subject Re: Changing CA configurations under Python
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2021 17:55:33 GMT
On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 12:38:14 -0400
Daniel Nugent <nugend@gmail.com> wrote:
> At the moment, if you load up the pyarrow.fs module, it initializes the ca configurations
from the ssl module.

> I have a situation where I need to change those at runtime. At the moment, it looks like
these can only be set once when the pyarrow.fs module is loaded. Is it possible to modify
these values after the initialization has occurred? It’s fine that they are global, I just
have to load a Certificate file at a later point.

Not currently, but that's a reasonable feature request.
Would you like to open an issue?
https://arrow.apache.org/docs/developers/contributing.html#report-bugs-and-propose-features

Note that in the meantime, you may be able to use environment variables
to point to the right CA file, for example:

  SSL_CERT_FILE=/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

See
https://docs.python.org/3/library/ssl.html#ssl.get_default_verify_paths

Regards

Antoine.