Hi All,

If you're interested in learning more about Arrow and Arrow Flight, we're hosting this webinar tomorrow where we'll discuss how to eliminate data transfer bottlenecks with Apache Arrow Flight. We'll provide an update on Arrow, review the Arrow Flight architecture and discuss how and why FactSet is using Flight. We'll also do a live demo in Jupyter to show how Flight outperforms pyODBC.

The webinar speakers include:
  • Wes McKinney, Apache Arrow PMC Chair/Co-Creator and Ursa Computing CEO
  • Kyle Porter, Apache Arrow Contributor and Dremio Architect
  • Matt Topol, Apache Arrow Contributor and Principal Software Engineer at FactSet
For those of you who aren't familiar with Flight, it is a sub-project of Arrow that provides a standard and fast RPC data transport with Arrow buffers sent over gRPCArrow. It can also eliminate the need to use ODBC or JDBC drivers when communicating with a database that exposes an Arrow Flight endpoint (which is what we've done at Dremio).

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Louise