arrow-user mailing list archives

From Louise Westoby <lou...@dremio.com>
Subject Webinar tomorrow - eliminate data transfer bottlenecks with Arrow Flight
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2021 21:31:48 GMT
Hi All,

If you're interested in learning more about Arrow and Arrow Flight, we're
hosting this webinar
<https://hello.dremio.com/eliminate-data-transfer-bottlenecks-with-apache-arrow-flight.html?utm_medium=community&utm_source=apache-arrow&utm_term=na&utm_content=na&utm_campaign=eliminate-data-transfer-bottlenecks-with-apache-arrow-flight>
tomorrow where we'll discuss how to eliminate data transfer bottlenecks
with Apache Arrow Flight. We'll provide an update on Arrow, review the
Arrow Flight architecture and discuss how and why FactSet is using Flight.
We'll also do a live demo in Jupyter to show how Flight outperforms pyODBC.

The webinar speakers include:

   - Wes McKinney, Apache Arrow PMC Chair/Co-Creator and Ursa Computing CEO
   - Kyle Porter, Apache Arrow Contributor and Dremio Architect
   - Matt Topol, Apache Arrow Contributor and Principal Software Engineer
   at FactSet

For those of you who aren't familiar with Flight, it is a sub-project of
Arrow that provides a standard and fast RPC data transport with Arrow
buffers sent over gRPCArrow. It can also eliminate the need to use ODBC or
JDBC drivers when communicating with a database that exposes an Arrow
Flight endpoint (which is what we've done at Dremio).

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Louise