arrow-user mailing list archives

From Alex Tulenko <ajtulenko...@gmail.com>
Subject [pyarrow] Pyarrow=2.0.0 without boost-cpp dependancy
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2021 00:48:51 GMT
Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading a project from pyarrow 0.8.0 to 2.0.0. As
part of this upgrade I see boost-cpp 1.63 is installed into the
environment. I have a number of libraries that were linked against an older
version of boost-cpp and so I would like to avoid pulling in this new
version of boost-cpp.

I am generally looking for guidance on how to best handle this situation.
Running ldd on the libarrow*.so's installed into our conda env I can't
actually see any references to the libboost*.so's.

This leads to my first question: is boost-cpp is a runtime requirement for
pyarrow 2.0.0? (maybe only for certain components?) If it is a runtime
requirement is there a recipe for building pyarrow/arrow-cpp with static
linkings or any version of pyarrow that can be built without boost-cpp?

I am open to any suggestions on how to get around the boost-cpp dependency.

Thanks!
Alex