arrow-user mailing list archives

From Alex Tulenko <ajtulenko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pyarrow] Pyarrow=2.0.0 without boost-cpp dependancy
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2021 18:37:54 GMT
Hi Uwe,

I apologize for taking your time and thank you for confirming that
boost-cpp is no longer a runtime dependency. I see now that the issue was
that our .condarc file placed the conda/anaconda channel about
conda/conda-forge channel causing it to download from that channel which
for some reason must still list boost-cpp as a dependency. Explicitly using
conda-forge as the channel via "conda install -c conda-forge pyarrow=2.0.0"
now no longer pulls in boost-cpp.

Thanks again,
Alex