arrow-user mailing list archives

From Yeshwanth Sriram <yeshsri...@icloud.com>
Subject [C++] - How to extract indices of nested MapArray
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2021 17:05:33 GMT
Using C++//Arrow to filter out large parquet files and I’m able to do this successfully.
The current poc implementation is based on nested for/loops which I would like to avoid this
and instead use built-in filter/take functions or some recommendations  to extract (take functions
?) arrays of indices or booleans to filter out rows.

The input (data) array/column type is MapArray[key:String, value:StructArray[id:String, …]]

The input filter is a {filter_key: “some string”, filter_ids: [“aaa”, “bee”, “see”,
..] }
  - Where filter_key, and filter_ids is to match contents of input MapArray

The output I’m looking for is either array of booleans or indices of input array that match
the input filer.

Thank you