arrow-user mailing list archives

From Matt Youill <matt.you...@airmettle.com>
Subject glib build error
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2021 07:56:46 GMT
Hi,

I'm attempting to build arrow glib (v3) and running into a link issue
(on Linux).

The commands I'm issuing (from the c_glib sub dir of the arrow repo) are:

./autogen.sh
./configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH=<arrow c++ install
dir>/lib/pkgconfig:${PKG_CONFIG_PATH} --prefix=<arrow glib install dir>
make

All seems happy except for a link error:

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libarrow.so.300, needed by
./../arrow-glib/.libs/libarrow-glib.so, not found (try using -rpath or
-rpath-link)

The complication is perhaps that I haven't installed the arrow (c++)
libs system wide. They're just in an ad-hoc build dir.

Thanks, Matt