Hi All,

I’m attempting to convert the following data structure into vectors for Arrow:

Map<String, Map<String, Integer>>

Using the UnionMapWriter, it seems that I can’t grab a map writer for the value of the map, but a nested complex type such as a list is supported:

writer.value().list(); // works, get a ListWriter
writer.value().map(); // doesn’t work, no such method

Is this a known limitation, or is there a proper way to translate nested map structures to Arrow? I’m planning on supporting a Map as both a key and a value of a map. If there is a way to do this (even without the writers), could you please point me to an example?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

John