arrow-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Browne <tho...@crvm.io>
Subject Re: Sharing a C++-level pointer between Python and R
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2021 00:46:11 GMT
Apols new user here - I thought this kind of use case is what the plasma
store was for?

On 03/01/2021 00:20, Wes McKinney wrote:
> We can go R to/from Python from an R perspective with reticulate
>
> https://arrow.apache.org/docs/r/articles/python.html
>
> There are unit tests attesting to this working:
>
> https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/r/tests/testthat/test-python.R
>
> However, I don't know of anyone trying to get interop from a Python
> perspective with rpy2; there may be a small amount of plumbing needed
> to get it working, others may know more.
>
> On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 5:20 PM Laurent Gautier <lgautier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking at sharing a pointer between Python and R. For example create an Arrow
object with Python, perform initial filtering, and then pass a shared pointer to R through
rpy2 (meaning that an R6 object is created from this pointer and R package arrow).

may be even already functional: https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/r/src/py-to-r.cpp