arrow-user mailing list archives

From Wes McKinney <wesmck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing a C++-level pointer between Python and R
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2021 00:20:12 GMT
We can go R to/from Python from an R perspective with reticulate

https://arrow.apache.org/docs/r/articles/python.html

There are unit tests attesting to this working:

https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/r/tests/testthat/test-python.R

However, I don't know of anyone trying to get interop from a Python
perspective with rpy2; there may be a small amount of plumbing needed
to get it working, others may know more.

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 5:20 PM Laurent Gautier <lgautier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking at sharing a pointer between Python and R. For example create an Arrow object
with Python, perform initial filtering, and then pass a shared pointer to R through rpy2 (meaning
that an R6 object is created from this pointer and R package arrow).

be even already functional: https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/r/src/py-to-r.cpp